SSCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race

4 posters

Go down

2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race Empty 2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race

Post  Ted Severns Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:17 am

OKAYAMA FULL COURSE
30 LAPS
Server Opens: 2011-08-15 05:30 PM Pacific
Manager's Meeting: 6:20 PM Pacific
Race: 2011-08-15 06:30 PM Pacific
Rolling Start
1 Reset
Yellows On (Double File Restarts)
Password: bsafe

Ted Severns
Admin

https://ssca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race Empty Okayama Race Report

Post  Roger Walker Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 am

My Okayama Race Report:

Practice: Surprising to be near the top of the time sheets. I guess the races this week paid off. Spent more time practicing the pit-ins, as that is not something I usually work on. The pit-in here is a little tricky with a nice tight right hander, and I managed to stuff it in to the wall for the 1st couple of times!

Qual: Lap 1 was surprisingly in the 26's, so for the 2nd lap, I let it hang out a little bit more, and put down a 1:26.4xx which is close enough to my PB to be extremely pleased.

Race: Started in 3rd, and slotted in well at the start behind Terry, with Josh right behind. Boy, these rolling starts are really nice when people are looking to finish a race, not just start it. I have to say, this is definitely the best part of League Racing, when there's a little more on the line, like your reputation!
First couple of laps, Terry was right in front, I felt a little faster, but not enough to push my luck anywhere, but then Terry let me by on the front straight. Well, I'll take it! The next bunch of laps, Terry was hounding me, while Chad opened the gap on us to a handful of seconds. Daniel was also right on Terry, so Terry couldn't relax either. Some where around Lap 10, Terry pitted, followed the next lap by Daniel, so I was on my own about 6-7 seconds behind Chad until he pitted around lap 15, I stayed out until 18, thinking that if I totally screwed up that right hander in the pit lane, I could abort, try and avoid the wall, and come around and try again. (Crazy plan I know, but contingencies, man, contingencies!)
I came out of the pits with the same delta to Chad, around 6-7 seconds, and it stayed pretty much that way, until about 4 laps til the end, when Chad lost 2 seconds, and then another, then he went equal with me for lap 29, then was slowing again for the last lap. I tried to push, but really I had nothing more to give. Great win by Chad! I am really pleased to get another 2nd. This time I think I had a little more pace. I'll take the points lead into the Iowa, but I am sure I'll leave it somewhere among the cornfields* as my oval skills are sorely lacking.

TL, DR: Another 2nd, so I guess the last one wasn't too flukey!

* Not a dig on Iowa, I promise, I live in Ohio fer christsakes! Shocked

Roger Walker

Back to top Go down

2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race Empty Re: 2011 S3 Race #2 Okayama Race

Post  Terry Crouch Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah, at the start I almost spun it 2 or 3 times coming off of corners trying to keep you at bay, Roger. I didn't want to lose it in front of you, and didn't want to hold you up, as I felt you were faster too. So I pulled over on the front stretch and figured you'd run off, but then you didn't. I wasn't trying to hound you, sorry...I just saw Dan getting closer and was like "we gotta go!!"

Had I known we'd have just stayed nose to tail, I probably wouldn't have let you by and slowed both of us down, but I figured you were going to just check out after you got by me. Definitely wasn't trying to apply pressure after you got by--just figured I'd follow you around. I just get so nervous that my brake point might be earlier than somebody behind me that I get worried about getting inadvertently plowed heading into a corner when somebody's right on my gearbox.
Terry Crouch
Terry Crouch

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Severns Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 pm

It was a great clean race.

Pit stops played a role for sure. Some guys made long pit stops and change the race a lot.

Ted Severns
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Plante Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Definitely a great race. I was pleasantly surprised with the closeness of the racing, looking at the time sheets everyone's fastest laps where very close. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Daniel Plante

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Severns Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:08 am

You're right Dan. We had 5 drivers under 1:27 and 9 drivers in total within one second. Even Chad only got the Fast lap .003!!!! Shocked

Ted Severns
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down